|De werkgroep transgender, religie, levensbeschouwing en ethiek|
TRANSACTION - A Transgender Curriculum For Churches and Religious Institutions The Institute for Welcoming Resources (IWR), a program of the National Gay and Lesbian Task Force, today announced the release of transACTION, a new curriculum designed for churches and religious institutions to help congregants and members understand and welcome transgender persons into their congregations and faith settings.
“Too often transgender people looking for a place to worship can’t find one to call their spiritual home because most congregations and religious institutions are not ready to welcome them as their companions in faith,” says the Rev. Rebecca Voelkel, Institute for Welcoming Resources and faith work director of the National Gay and Lesbian Task Force. “Yet, many transgender people of faith are searching for the same things that other believers want: a loving community where worship and working for equality and justice are the focus of their faith experience.”
transACTION is designed to help churches and institutions address this issue of understanding and welcome by providing step-by-step training about the needs, apprehensions and fears of transgender people — as well as the wealth of gifts and graces they bring — while responding to the concerns of the church or religious institution.
The program can be used in three sessions: How Do We Get to Understanding, How Do We Get to Acceptance, and How Do We Get to Welcoming. All sessions include discussions and activities to go along with the information provided in the curriculum.
“We tried to make this a learning experience that would go beyond just the basics of gender identity and gender expression in order to give participants an understanding of the issues and concerns that transgender people have when trying to express their faith and spirituality in a church or any religious setting,” says Barbara Satin, author of the curriculum and a transgender advocate around issues of faith and aging.
A Transgender Curriculum For Churches and Religious Institutions
Most transgender Christians are searching for the same things that other believers want: a connection to their God within a loving community where worship and working for equality and justice are focus to the Christian experience.
For more information see pdf links:
TransAction Leaders Manuel
Welcoming Resources - Transgender
01:01 - 16/10/2010
The workgroup transgender, religion, philosophy of life and ethics is a network for religious, spiritual transgenders. The goal of the workgroup transgender, religion, philosophy of life and ethics is to build a bridge between religious transgenders, transsexuals of all faith and the different religions around the world.
- De werkgroep transgender, religie, levensbeschouwing en ethiek
- Brochure Transgender, Geloof en Kerk
- Nieuws en Informatie
- Uitleg Transgender, Genderdiversiteit - Do and Don'ts
- Onderzoek Transgenders en Religie
- The workgroup transgender, religion, philosophy of life and ethics
- TransAction - A Transgender Curriculum For Churches and Religious Institutions
- The LGBT Religious Archives Network (LGBT-RAN)
- Call Me Malcolm - Film - Pastoral Interview
- Transseksualiteit en Islam
- Transseksualiteit en Klassieke Oudheid?
* Een steun in de rug - Onderzoek Transgender en Religie
* Transgender Religion Global Network - Transgender Friendly Religious Alliance
* International Network for Transgenders with a Jewish Background
* International Transgender Buddhist Sangha
* Transgender Networks
* The LGBT Religious Archives Network
* Religious and Spiritual Transgenders
* Transgender Organisaties
* Transgender Woordenlijst
* LGBT (Lesbo, Gay, Bi, Transgender) Religieuze Organisaties en Netwerken
* Facebook Transgender en Religie Groepen
* Voorlichtingsfolder Transgender Discriminatie
* Transgender and Religion
* Film - Call Me Malcolm
*Brochure ‘Transgender, Kerk en Geloof
*Transgender en Geloof